Here is a list of the Oca growing trials I have completed, am running, or plan to run in the future.
Unless stated otherwise, all are with the same variety (Real Seeds Red).
* Oca informally mixed with tall peas, beans, and corn (maize).
2008. Demonstrated acceptable oca cropping when planted with close competition. Details here.
* Oca bi-cropped with cordon-grown tomatoes.
2009. Demonstrated tomato yield not significantly reduced by interplanted Oca compared to interplanted French marigolds as control. Details here.
Companion planted Oca may provide some protection against Fusarium wilt in tomatoes. Details here.
* Oca / Yacon / Chinese artichoke polyculture.
2010. Three-way polyculture. Details here.
* Oca, optimum interval between killing frost and harvest.
2009. Interrupted by severe weather, but results suggest optimum harvest date is later than generally recommended. Ideally, trial would be repeated to give definitive results. Details here.
* Oca grown within a low-input perennial/self-seeding polyculture.
Started 2010. Ongoing, here.
* Oca bi-cropped with corn (maize).
* Comparison of Oca varieties.
I'm collecting as many varieties as possible for this. Ongoing.
* Size of planting tuber - effect on yield.
Suggestions for other trials are welcome. Please leave a comment.